The evidentiary hearing on FirstEnergy's bailout attempt begins at 9 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 26, at the Public Service Commission building in Charleston. The hearings are scheduled through Thursday, Sept. 28. Click here to read a report from MetroNews.
- As of 3:30 p.m. today, around 2,000 letters of opposition have been filed with the PSC. Nearly 50 letters of support are on record.
- Look for posts on Twitter and Facebook during the day and expect email updates in your inbox.
- Our hashtag: #NoWVBailoutForFirstEnergy.
- The PSC will stream the hearings online. Watch here.
- Click here to find out how much your bill could increase with our Cost Calculator.
- Fax The PSC, sign our Petition or Write a Letter to the Editor at EnergyFreedomWV.org/take-action!
- Read former business owner and WV resident John Jacobs' dive into the deal. He says the deal is risky business for ratepayers.
- "This whole filing is a house of cards" and a step backward for West Virginia, writes Jamie Van Nostrand in Sunday's Charleston Gazette-Mail. Click here to read his Op/ED.