Preparing your comments for the Public Hearings that the Public Service Commission of West Virginia is holding in Parkersburg, Martinsburg, and Morgantown? Below are talking points, summaries of expert testimony and media coverage of FirstEnergy's bailout attempt from WV consumers:
- West Virginians For Energy Freedom talking points including estimated cost to average consumer
- Summary of testimony by expert representing WV SUN and WV Citizen Action Group
- The State Journal: Opponents, proponents ready arguments in power plant transfer. FYI: the PSC has received 949 petitions and letters of opposition so far and 27 letters of support.
- IEEFA West Virginia: If Power Plant Is So Valuable, Why Is FirstEnergy Seeking to Transfer All the Risk to Ratepayers?
- Charleston Gazette-Mail: WV PSC testimony: Pleasants Plant deal could cost ratepayers $470 million.